Types of Cover

Optional covers for home insurance

RAA Insurance can provide a range of optional covers to suit you depending on your circumstances.

  • Accidental Damage
  • Specified Items Away from Home
  • Specified Items Inside the Home
  • Pet Cover
  • Fixtures & Fittings

Get an online quote now

Accidental Damage

The Accidental Damage option can cover your contents if you accidentally lose them, they are damaged or stolen anywhere in Australia or New Zealand. You may have thousands of dollars of contents on you at any given time e.g. phone, sunglasses, pen, bag, watch, mp3 player, cosmetics, camera etc. so it is worth getting them covered while you are out and about. Accidental damage will even cover the contents you take on camping holidays or when you are caravanning such as kitchen utensils, sleeping bags, movie cameras and tents. For true peace of mind contact us and we will let you know more about the Accidental Damage option.

Broken TV, accidental damage

Specified items away from home

We will cover you for your personal effects that you have specified and that we agree to cover if they are accidentally lost, stolen or damaged worldwide.

Specified items inside the home

You may wish to specify certain contents items that have a value greater than the limits stated in our Home and Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement. We may agree to cover these items up to their replacement value for loss or damage as a result of an insured event in the home.

Pet Cover

Dog insuranceLots of people have pets and just like people, their pets become sick and have accidents. That's why it pays to have our Pet Cover Option. Cover for your dog or cat is an affordable option you can add to your contents cover.

Policy Cover Includes
We will cover up to $500 for each accident or illness suffered by your dog or cat per 12 month term.

Temporary Pet Accommodation
Should your home be so badly damaged that you are forced to seek alternative accommodation, not only can we cover your temporary accommodation we will also cover the cost of temporary accommodation for your dog or cat

Fixtures & Fittings

With this option we can cover loss or damage to the fixtures and fittings in a property you rent out. Fixtures and fittings include fixed air conditioners, curtains, carpets and light fittings. This option covers damage to the fixtures and fittings due to an insured event e.g. fire, storm etc. but it doesn't cover damage caused by tenants.

The information included in this website and in our brochures is a summary and is intended as a guide only. Each section should be read subject to the full terms, conditions and exclusions as set out in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). RAA Insurance products are issued by RAA Insurance Limited, ABN 14 007 872 602, AFS Licence No. 232525

More Insurance & Security Information

Home Security
Save 25% on your contents insurance by having home security.

Van and house

Renewal Reminder

Not ready to insure today? Register for a renewal reminder and we will email you when the time is right.

Home insurance 06A_RGB_LR.jpg

Home Insurance
RAA offers a range of insurance policies designed to protect you, and many of our benefits are absolutely free. 

Home Insurance 04B_RGB_LR.jpg