Payments & Claims
Helpful Information - Comprehensive Car Insurance Claims
We want to make your claim as easy as possible. If you’ve had an accident, please let us know as soon as you can.
To make a claim online please login to myRAA here, or register for myRAA here, alternatively call us on 8202 4575
What you will need:
You will need to allow 5 to 10 minutes and have the following information ready:
- The registration of your vehicle
- Details and contact information of any other person involved
- Any witnesses to the accident
- The police report number (if applicable) -http://www.reportacrash.police.sa.gov.au/
Once you have logged in to your myRAA account, you will need to select:
- My Insurance
- Make/Edit a claim
- "Claim" button relevant to the policy you would like to make a claim for
Refer to the picture below for reference.
More Helpful Information
Towing after an accident
- If your car is unsafe to drive, you need to arrange to have it towed to the nearest place of safety or repair. You do this by calling the SA Police accident towing roster on 8231 5555.
- Your policy may cover the cost of towing to the nearest repairer or place of safety, refer to your Policy Disclosure Statement or ask us when you call.
Reporting incidents to the police
By law, a motor vehicle accident must be reported to the Police within 24 hours of it occurring, if:
- The total damages of all vehicles involved is likely to exceed $3000.
- The accident results in a bodily injury or death of a person or animal.
- If your car is stolen and unrecovered, the costs of a hire car similar to your vehicle will be covered for up to 21 calendar days or until the date the stolen vehicle is recovered.
- You can contact the hire car company of your choice including; Excel Network Rent-a-Car on 8234 1666 (quote your policy number)