Driver Education For Schools
Road Safety Awareness Workbooks
It's never too early to have a road safety conversation with children.
To make this talk easier, RAA has teamed up with The Advertiser to produce the road safety work books, Promoting Road Safety Awareness.
Two education work books have been designed, each with messages and activities specifically considered for children from reception to year two and from years three to five.
The work books have been designed to assist teachers, parents and carers to have these important road safety discussions in a fun, but educational way.
Each work book explores topics including:
- how to keep safe on the way to school
- recognising and understanding road signs
- creating an understanding about the dangers present on our roads
- bicycle safety
- what to look out for on a busy road
- With more than 70 school aged children struck by a vehicle and injured or killed on South Australian streets each year, and over half of these incidents occurring within 500 metres of a school, it's important to start talking to your children about road safety today – these conversations may prove to be life saving.
Road Safety Awareness Work Books
The Junior Primary or Primary Promoting Road Safety Awareness workbooks can be downloaded by selecting the appropriate sign below.
Motoring & Road Safety