Street Smart High
Street Smart High 2016
Street Smart High is an annual road safety education event hosted by RAA in conjunction with Event Partner the Motor Accident Commission. Street Smart High aims to reduce the state's shocking youth road toll. Road crashes are one of the leading causes of death for young people under the age of 25, and Street Smart High aims to demonstrate the devastating reality of road trauma to South Australian high school students.
Details of Street Smart High 2016:
Date: Wednesday 6 April & Thursday 7 April 2016
Time: 10.00am – 2.00pm
Venue: Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Port Road, Hindmarsh
The bookings for Street Smart High 2016 are now open! If you'd like to book your school in, please email the name of the school and number of teachers and students attending to Sarah Grantham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any other queries about Street Smart High, please contact Danica Kelsey at email@example.com or 8202 4548.
- On the way back to school, the bus driver dared to look at his mobile phone whilst stopped at a traffic light – the girls were quick to tell him that wasn’t on! – Annette Lamont, Kildare College
- The discussions by students in the following days, and even weeks, after the event has shown how thought provoking it has been. – Miescha Hawkins, Mary MacKillop College
- It makes students think twice about safety whilst driving a car – Alna Briel, Portside Christian College
- The students were able to identify with the speakers and it was relevant to them. – Liz Tidemann, Christian Brothers College
- We could never organise something of this magnitude and impact for our students – Cathy Miegal, Lameroo Regional Community
- It gave the students a reality check - Josie Piantadosi, Seaton High School
Note: Street Smart and bstreetsmart are road safety programs based on a concept originally created by Westmead Hospital.
Motoring & Road Safety