Street Smart High
Street Smart High is an annual road safety education event hosted by RAA in conjunction with Event Partner the Motor Accident Commission. Street Smart High aims to reduce the state's shocking youth road toll. Road crashes are one of the leading causes of death for young people under the age of 25, and Street Smart High aims to demonstrate the devastating reality of road trauma to South Australian high school students.
Street Smart High 2014
Due to popular demand, Street Smart High was held across two days in 2014, on Wednesday 26 March and Thursday 27 March. This meant more students and schools were able to attend the event, held at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre. The program was the same on each day, giving schools the chance to choose the day that was most suitable for them.
Street Smart High will be held again in 2015. Please visit the website in October/November once dates have been confirmed. To be notified when registrations open, please join our mailing list. Send your name, school and email address to Sarah Grantham via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Street Smart High is free to attend.
- On the way back to school, the bus driver dared to look at his mobile phone whilst stopped at a traffic light – the girls were quick to tell him that wasn’t on! – Annette Lamont, Kildare College
- The discussions by students in the following days, and even weeks, after the event has shown how thought provoking it has been. – Miescha Hawkins, Mary MacKillop College
- It makes students think twice about safety whilst driving a car – Alna Briel, Portside Christian College
- The students were able to identify with the speakers and it was relevant to them. – Liz Tidemann, Christian Brothers College
- We could never organise something of this magnitude and impact for our students – Cathy Miegal, Lameroo Regional Community
- It gave the students a reality check - Josie Piantadosi, Seaton High School
If you have any queries about Street Smart High, please contact Danica Kelsey at email@example.com or 8202 4219.
Note: Street Smart and bstreetsmart are road safety programs based on a concept originally created by Westmead Hospital.
Motoring & Road Safety
Street Smart High - Downloads
Learn to drive with RAA. SA's premium driver education program.
RAA Online Shop
Perfect for learner drivers, the official Driver's handbook contains essential information, road rules and useful tips.