RAA Driver Education
Premium Driving Program
RAA Driver Education offers a premium driving program for students to get their licence. Our package is the best and most comprehensive driver education in South Australia, producing competent, aware and responsible young drivers. Our program is in line with the SA Government's 2020 strategy "Towards Zero" which aims for zero fatalities on SA roads.
The driving package includes:
- 10 x 90 minute driving lessons in line with the log-book (CBT&A) method
- P-Ready lesson
- keys2drive lesson (government funded program)
- Semester program (1.5 hour classroom based training per week)
Aims of the course:
We aim to develop students who exhibit safe, lifelong driving skills.
- A lifetime of save driving
- Providing a learning experience that is real, and in line with the reality of licensed driving
- Providing skills, knowledge and behaviour for safe driving
- Supporting the Qualified Supervising Driver (QSD) to be confident in supporting the learner driver
Key Elements of the Course include:
- Understanding how a vehicle operates and is serviced
- Respecting the needs of other road users
- Knowing and applying the road rules
- Understanding risk factors such as alcohol, drugs and fatigue
- Recognising causes of car crashes and appropriate actions following crashes
- Selecting and buying own safe vehicle
- Defensive driving to reduce road harm
- Driving a vehicle in a range of conditions
Schools include this course as part of their VET offerings.
The course is offered in both semester one and two, with enrolments taken throughout the year. The course combines a 1.5 hour classrom based training per week plus 11x90 minute professional driving lessons.
Course fees can vary. Please contact us to discuss enrolment and fee payment options.
For more information contact our specialised Customer Service Team on 8202 4444 or email DriverEducation@raa.com.au
Motoring & Road Safety