Road Rules Advice
What to do after a crash
If RAA Members are involved in a crash, the Legal Advisory Service can answer your questions and help guide you through the process.
Your Legal Advisory Service can supply a brochure on what to do after a crash - call 8202 4570 for a copy to carry in your glovebox. Or you can download our Insurance Motor Claims App that helps you to collect important information and record details after being involved in a car crash.
The Legal Advisory Service can also provide information on:
- Answers to commonly asked associated legal questions
- How to claim if you're not at fault
- Advice if you are at fault
- Advice if you're going to court
- Types of crashes
- Percentages of liability
As a free service for members, the Legal Advisory Service provides a range of proforma letters to help you in the below situations:
- You need to claim where the other party is insured
- You need to claim where the other party is uninsured, or their insurance company is unknown
- You need to advise the other party that your vehicle is a write-off
- You need to advise the other party's insurer of repair costs
- You need to place a request for a repair account
- You need a release form
- You need to provide advice to the other party that excess must be paid
- You need to provide advice to the other party where insurance company is unknown
You can get a copy of any of these proforma letters by calling the RAA Legal Advisory Service on 8202 4570.
Motoring & Road Safety