What to do after a fine
What do you do if one day there's an Expiation Notice in your letterbox?
If you're an RAA member, you can contact the Legal Advisory Service as we can guide you through this process and provide free advice on:
- Explaining the notice and your options
- Paying a fine
- What to do if you can't afford to pay
- What happens if you don't pay the fine on time
- What to do if you want to contest an offence
- When demerit points apply
In some instances you won't receive an Expiation Notice but receive instead a traffic summons. It will generally be for a serious offence such as driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, being in excess of 0.08, driving at a speed or in a manner dangerous to the public, or driving while disqualified.
If you've received a summons and need free advice, members can contact the RAA Legal Advisory Service for assistance.
Motoring & Road Safety