Our Boat Insurance can protect you Australia-wide and up to 200 nautical miles off the coast. We are able to offer a comprehensive policy, which covers you as well as your powerboat, dinghy, sailboat, runabout or catamaran.
Get a boat insurance quote
Loss or damage to your boat
Our Boat Insurance covers you Australia-wide and up to 200 nautical miles off the coast for:
- accidental loss or damage to your boat
- theft or attempted theft
- malicious damage
- perils of the sea
You are also covered for legal liability Australia-wide and up to 200 nautical miles off the coast. This will cover you for any loss or damage to other peoples property, their bodily injury or death arising from the use of your boat up to $10,000,000. It doesn't cover waterskier's liability but we can include this as an option.
Additional benefits at no extra cost
In addition to the above we will also include a range of benefits at no extra cost. This includes:
- contents cover up to $500 in addition to any safety gear and other items that are already fixed to the boat such as a fish finder
- death of driver or operator
- 14 day change of boat cover
- inspection of hull after running aground (even if no damage is found)
- legal costs
- new boat replacement
- no fault excess
- rescue expense up to $5,000
- towing and storage
For more information see Additional Benefits.
RAA Insurance can provide optional covers to suit you depending on your circumstances.
- Racing Risk
- Waterskier's Liability
We can cover you for loss or damage if you are racing under sail or travelling to or from a race. It covers you for:
- up to 75% of the cost of replacing masts, sails, spars and rigging
- loss or damage to other people's property, bodily injury or death through the use of your boat.
This covers your liability while you are waterskiing and also covers anyone authorised to drive your boat, waterskiers and observers in your boat. The cover is up to $20,000,000.
The information included in this website and in our brochures is a summary and is intended as a guide only. Each section should be read subject to the full terms, conditions and exclusions as set out in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). RAA Insurance products are issued by RAA Insurance Limited, ABN 14 007 872 602, AFS Licence No. 232525.