Battery Maintenance Tips
To get the longest possible life out of your battery, simply follow these tips:
- Keep battery terminals clean and dry at all times.
- Maintain fluid levels but never over-fill your battery.
- Distilled water is recommended for topping up your battery.
- Never leave your battery standing for long periods without being charged.
- Secure your battery. Vibrations can damage the battery plates.
- Don’t drain your battery by leaving lights or accessories on.
- Read your owner's manual before disconnecting your battery to ensure that computer or radio memories are not lost.
If it is time for a replacement battery, RAA Members can phone Road Service on 13 11 11 and a patrol will deliver and fit one for you at no extra cost. Alternatively you can visit an RAA Battery Service Centre to pick one up. Click here to find a battery service centre near you.
And don't forget - Plus and Premium Members receive $11 discount off the cost of all batteries.