Become an RAA Instructor
Do the following personality traits describe you?
- Enjoy teaching
These are the traits of our Driving Instructors! If you’re interested in joining the RAA Driver Education contractor team, read on for everything you need to know.
We provide driver training and licencing to learner drivers and fleet drivers. Our contracted instructors work the hours that suit them and have support from the team based at RAA Head Office in Mile End.
What you need
RAA Driving Instructors require the following qualifications:
- Certificate 4 In Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction) or equivalent
- CBT&A Accreditation
- Extensive experience in driver training
- VORT Authorised Examiner (desirable)
- Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment (desirable)
- DCSI clearance to work with vulnerable people (desirable)
- Your own current ABN, Public Liability and Indemnity Insurance
- Other industry experience or training background in a previous job
- Own car with 5 star ANCAP safety rating and dual brakes
RAA Driving Instructors have also completed training and signed up to the Autism Friendly Charter with Autism SA.
By signing up to the Charter, our instructors have an awareness and understanding of how to provide an inclusive and supportive environment for people living with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder).
Find out more
If you’re interested in becoming a contracted RAA Driving Instructor, please contact our Operations Manager Ben Halman on 8202 8248 or email@example.com
Motoring & Road Safety