Roads & Traffic

Melbourne Toll Roads

Where are the toll roads?  

There are two toll road operators in Melbourne, CityLink and EastLink. These are identifiable by the blue coloured signage with gold coloured lettering. Parts of the M1, M2 Motorways and Batman Avenue in Melbourne City Centre are CityLink Toll Roads, whilst part of the M3 Motorway between Nunawading and Seaford is tolled by EastLink. 


How much does it cost? 

This varies according to how often you want to use the toll roads. Most vehicles that use toll roads regularly in Victoria will have an electronic tag fitted to them. Costs vary according to the type of pass that is required.Passes range from single day passes, to those which can be used over a weekend or for a period up to 30 days. Motorists should refer to CityLink or EastLink for more information.

You can also purchase a temporary pass the following ways: 

  • By calling CityLink on 13 26 29 or EastLink on 13 54 65
  • Buy a pass from any post office in Victoria
  • Buy a pass from selected newsagents and service stations

What if I forget to pay? 

If you forget to pay for using a toll road, then expect to receive an invoice letter from either operator which then gives you 14 days to pay the toll. In addition to the cost of the toll, the late toll invoice will also contain an administration fee.

RAA Comprehensive Car Insurance

 Freedom of choice of repairer

We give you the freedom to choose your own crash repairer. If you need guidance selecting a repairer we can provide you with a list of RAA Approved Repairers.