Love to travel?
So do we. Whether you’re ready to hit the road or are planning your dream getaway, we’ll help arrange accommodation, holiday packages, car hire, travel insurance, cruises and flights. Make RAA your first stop for all your holiday needs.
Exclusive member benefits
No hidden costs
Explore more of your own backyard
South Australian holidays
Journey by road
For when the world is ready for us
Latest travel updates and advice
For more than 117 years we’ve been here to help, and the health and safety of South Australians has always been our priority .
As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, we’re keeping our travel experts up to date so they can provide you with the latest information. We understand that many customers are still experiencing delays and uncertainty about their future travel plans. We're doing our best to respond to your emails, phone calls and booking requests, and appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time for the travel industry.
The current situation won’t go on forever. With restrictions easing, there’s light at the end of the tunnel. With regional travel underway, there’s no better time to explore SA and support our regions. We can soon look forward to travelling further afield, and RAA will be right here to help you experience SA, Australia and the world.
Travel and airline creditsIf you have any questions regarding booking, supplier or airline credits, our travel experts are here to help you reschedule, rebook and replan. Call us on 8202 4589.
Essential travel information
What you need to know
- Helping our customers: We’re currently helping our customers in order of departure. We're also working case by case through situations where deadlines for changes have been imposed by the airline or supplier.
- Travel within SA: Travel within South Australia is largely unrestricted. People are free to visit most regional areas (restrictions still apply to some remote communities), and travel within South Australia is a great way to support our regional communities and economies. Hotels, hostels, bed and breakfasts are open for business. For more information visit www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/travel-restrictions.
- Entering South Australia: Anyone entering South Australia directly from NT, QLD, TAS and WA is no longer required to self-isolate for 14 days from their arrival date. Travellers arriving from all other states and territories are still required to self-isolate for 14 days. The state government plans to lift border restrictions for travellers from these other states and territories on 20 July 2020, but this is subject to an assessment of the public health risk and could change.
- Travelling interstate from South Australia: Restrictions still apply for travel to NT, QLD, TAS, and WA. Victoria, NSW and the ACT have not closed their borders. For more information visit www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-travellers#travel-within-australia.
- Self-isolation and social distancing: The SA Roadmap for Easing COVID-19 Restrictions, Step 3, applies from 29 June. The social distancing requirement within venues like pubs, wineries, cafes and restaurants has been reduced from one person per four square metres to one person per two square metres – physical distancing of 1.5m is still encouraged. For more information visit www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/recovery.
- Australians not to travel internationally: Currently all overseas travel from Australia is banned, unless you have an exemption from the Department of Home Affairs. If you need to change an existing travel booking, reach out to our RAA travel team to reschedule or cancel. For the latest COVID-19 travel advice, please refer to www.smartraveller.gov.au.
- Suspended travel operations: As of 16 March 2020, most tour companies, cruise lines and suppliers have suspended international operations. This includes any travel that’s been booked between now and until at least 31 August 2020. We'll provide advice if the suspension is extended. Domestic travel through tour companies and suppliers will begin to operate in line with government advice and restrictions.
- Cancellation and/or amendment penalties: Please be aware that if you decide to cancel your holiday you might still incur cancellation and/or amendment penalties, and refunds are subject to the terms and conditions of the airline or supplier. Speak to an RAA travel expert to find out more.
- Airlines travel credit: Individual airlines are examining their own networks and routes and may decide to offer a future travel credit, but not necessarily a refund. Speak to an RAA travel expert to find out more.
Cruise update: Cruise ships carrying more than 100 passengers are banned from entering Australia until 17 September 2020.
COVID-19 Travel Insurance FAQs and hotline
RAA's response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
View RAA's response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) to see what we're doing to look out for our members, our staff and the South Australian community.
Useful COVID-19 links
The Government of South AustraliaView the latest travel restriction updates
Australian Government Department of HealthUpdated daily with the latest medical advice and official reports
SmartravellerView the latest travel advice, warnings and entry restrictions from the Australian Government
World Health Organisation (WHO)View the advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO) including their FAQ’s
AFTAResources from the Australian Federation of Travel Agents Limited (AFTA)
We're here to help
Call usMonday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Thursday, 8.30am to 7pm
Saturday, 9am to 12pm
Sunday 12pm to 4pm
Enquire onlineSend us a message and we'll contact you
Find a shopDrop in and chat face-to-face
Help centreFind answers to frequently asked questions and more
RAA is an ATAS-accredited travel service
ATAS accreditation offers you peace of mind when planning and booking your next trip. Only Australia’s best travel agencies get the privilege of bearing this symbol, meaning they’re top in the industry and can provide you the best experience possible. It also recognises our large variety of national and international destinations on offer, and our commitment to using the best suppliers.