Essential travel information
South Australia’s response to COVID-19 is changing quickly, but we’re still here to help with your travel questions and bookings.
Most of our travel agents are still working through lockdown, and are actioning urgent departures in priority order and working case-by-case through situations where deadlines for changes have been imposed by the airline or supplier.
If you’re holiday is booked for departure within the next 48 hours, please call your travel agent directly, or call 8202 4589. For later departures, email your travel agent, who’ll do their best to respond within the next 5 business days. We’re currently experiencing a huge volume of enquiries, so please be patient with us.
Exclusive member benefits
No hidden costs
Explore more of your own backyard
South Australian holidays
Journey by road
For when the world is ready for us
Latest travel updates and advice
For more than 117 years we’ve been here to help, and the health and safety of South Australians has always been our priority .
As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, we’re keeping our travel experts up to date so they can provide you with the latest information. We understand that many customers are still experiencing delays and uncertainty about their future travel plans. We're doing our best to respond to your emails, phone calls and booking requests, and appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time for the travel industry.
The current situation won’t go on forever. With restrictions easing, there’s light at the end of the tunnel. With regional travel underway, there’s no better time to explore SA and support our regions. We can soon look forward to travelling further afield, and RAA will be right here to help you experience SA, Australia and the world.
Travel and airline creditsIf you have any questions regarding booking, supplier or airline credits, our travel experts are here to help you reschedule, rebook and replan. Call us on 8202 4589.
Essential travel information
What you need to know
- Working through lockdown: Most of our travel agents are working through lockdown during business hours, Monday to Friday.
- Helping our members and customers: Our agents are actioning urgent departures in priority order and working case-by-case through situations where deadlines for changes have been imposed by the airline or supplier. If you're departing within the next 48 hours, please call your travel agent directly. For later departures, please email your travel agent who'll do their best to respond within 5 business days. We're currently experiencing a high volume of enquiries, so please be patient with us.
- Travel within SA: Travel within South Australia is not permitted for 6 days from 12.01am on Thursday, 19 November. For more information visit www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrictions-and-responsibilities/travel-restrictions.
- Self-isolation and social distancing: South Australians must comply with lockdown measures in effect for 6 days from 12.01am on Thursday, 19 November. All South Australians considered ‘non-essential’ workers must stay at home. For a full list of restrictions, visit www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/recovery or call the SA COVID-19 Information line on 1800 253 787 between 9am and 5pm, 7 days a week.
- Australians not to travel internationally: Currently all overseas travel from Australia is banned, unless you have an exemption from the Department of Home Affairs. If you need to change an existing travel booking, reach out to our RAA travel team to reschedule or cancel. For the latest COVID-19 travel advice, please refer to www.smartraveller.gov.au.
- Suspended travel operations: As of 16 March 2020, most tour companies, cruise lines and suppliers have suspended international operations. We'll provide advice if the suspension is extended. Domestic travel through tour companies and suppliers will begin to operate in line with government advice and restrictions.
- Cancellation and/or amendment penalties: Please be aware that if you decide to cancel your holiday you might still incur cancellation and/or amendment penalties, and refunds are subject to the terms and conditions of the airline or supplier. Speak to an RAA travel expert to find out more.
- Airlines travel credit: Individual airlines are examining their own networks and routes and may decide to offer a future travel credit, but not necessarily a refund. Speak to an RAA travel expert to find out more.
- Cruise update: Cruise ships carrying more than 100 passengers are banned from entering Australia until 17 December 2020.
COVID-19 Travel Insurance FAQs and hotline
RAA's response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
View RAA's response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) to see what we're doing to look out for our members, our staff and the South Australian community.
Useful COVID-19 links
The Government of South AustraliaView the latest travel restriction updates
Australian Government Department of HealthUpdated daily with the latest medical advice and official reports
SmartravellerView the latest travel advice, warnings and entry restrictions from the Australian Government
World Health Organisation (WHO)View the advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO) including their FAQ’s
AFTAResources from the Australian Federation of Travel Agents Limited (AFTA)
We're here to help
Call usMonday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Thursday, 8.30am to 7pm
Saturday, 9am to 12pm
Sunday 12pm to 4pm
Enquire onlineSend us a message and we'll contact you
Find a shopDrop in and chat face-to-face
Help centreFind answers to frequently asked questions and more
RAA is an ATAS-accredited travel service
ATAS accreditation offers you peace of mind when planning and booking your next trip. Only Australia’s best travel agencies get the privilege of bearing this symbol, meaning they’re top in the industry and can provide you the best experience possible. It also recognises our large variety of national and international destinations on offer, and our commitment to using the best suppliers.