As a leading advocate, RAA regularly makes submissions to government on issues that affect our members. We also communicate our advocacy through the media and in meetings with government and industry.
We speak up to ensure our members’ views are heard. RAA takes its trusted role as the state’s largest membership organisation seriously. Our submissions to government are based on industry research and are informed by our members’ views.
You can read our submissions to the state government below:
- State economic stimulus (May 2020)
- SA Labor Leader's Road Safety Summit (April 2020)
- State budget submission - summary of key priorities (2020 – 2021)
- State budget submission (2020 – 2021)
- Fuel pricing - South Australian Productivity Commission (January 2020)
- Barriers to the safe operation of personal mobility devices (December 2019)
- Barriers to the safe operation of motorised mobility devices (December 2019)
- Adelaide airport master plan (October 2019)
- Motor vehicle insurance and repair industry in South Australia (September 2019)
- Motorised mobility devices discussion paper (September 2019)
- Regional development strategy discussion paper (July 2019)
- 20-year state infrastructure strategy (July 2019)
- Targeted industry consultation discussion paper and survey to support the development of an electric vehicle strategy for South Australia (May - July 2019)
- Developing technology neutral road rules for driver distraction (February 2019)
- Princes highway corridor strategy (April 2019)
- State budget submission (2019 – 2020)
- Integrated Movement Systems Policy (November 2018)
- RAA Summary of Road Safety Activities for Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (November 2018)
- National Road Safety Strategy Review (February 2018)
Submissions to the federal government are often coordinated by our national body, the Australian Automobile Association (AAA), who represent RAA and the other state and territory motoring organisations, communicating directly with Canberra decision makers.