RAA battery price-match guarantee
- Price-match guarantee is only available on purchases made within South Australia by RAA members. The guarantee is based on a like-for-like battery (same cold cranking amps [CCA] rating and battery construction), delivered and installed with a comparable warranty.
- Claims need to be made within four weeks of the battery purchase date.
- Claims can be made by sending your name, address and phone number, along with the competitor’s name and quoted price, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Claims can also be made by calling 8202 4729 from 8am–4pm, Monday to Friday.
- RAA will respond within 24 hours confirming receipt of the claim and the process timeline. The 24-hour period doesn’t include weekends or public holidays.
- The refund will be made by EFT or cheque, depending on the original payment method.
- The refund will be made within 5-10 working days of claim approval.
- If the price-match refund claim is approved, it entitles the customer to a refund of the price difference only. The RAA Battery cannot be returned to RAA as part of the price-match guarantee.
- Price-match guarantee is based on the dollar amount paid for the battery. Where the customer has received a discounted price for the battery, the discounted price will be used for the purpose of comparison.
- Does not apply to RAA listed workshop fit batteries.
- Payment must be made in full to receive price-match guarantee and goods will not be invoiced.
This warranty is given by Royal Automobile Association of South Australia Incorporated of 101 Richmond Road Mile End, SA 5031 (‘RAA’) ABN 90 020 001 807. You can get in touch with us or call 13 11 11.
The benefits that this warranty gives you are in addition to your consumer rights. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You’re entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure, as well as the compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You’re also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if they’re not of acceptable quality, and if the failure doesn’t amount to a major failure.
Your warranty period and conditions
If your RAA battery is found to have defective materials or workmanship (and isn’t just discharged or flat) during the warranty period, we'll replace it free of charge. We reserve the right to test any battery that’s presented for a claim.
This warranty doesn’t cover you if you knew your vehicle had faults before you bought it. It also doesn’t cover a battery that:
- You no longer want or have changed your mind about
- You’ve found at a cheaper price elsewhere
- Has been modified in any way
- You’ve had incorrectly fitted or applied
- Fails because of improper charging, incorrect fitment, broken container or cover, or
- Fails because of damage caused by fire, excessive heat, floods, wreckage, explosion, freezing, damage caused by abuse, neglect or the use of special additives introduced to the battery.
This warranty isn’t transferable and can only be used by the person who bought the battery. The cost to recharge the battery isn’t covered under this warranty, and there may be a fee for this service. While we’re doing work on your vehicle, we take all necessary precautions to prevent any damage. We won’t be able to take any responsibility for damage caused that’s unrelated to the battery. Modern vehicle computers can be corrupted, so we use an electrical system memory minder to make sure the vehicle’s computer memory is retained.
We're here to help
Call usGot a question? Call us Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm or Saturday 9am to 12pm. If you need a battery now, call 13 11 11
Find a Battery Service CentreVisit for battery testing and replacement or to make a retail battery purchase
Enquire onlineNeed battery advice? Send us a message and we'll contact you
Frequently asked questionsVisit our Help Centre for answers to battery FAQs and more