Free delivery and installation on most batteries for RAA Road Service holders
Discounts for Premium and Plus members
Get the best price with our battery price-match guarantee*
Feeling flat? RAA will get you started
Get a quote and book your battery replacement
You don’t need to wait until you run into a battery emergency to call for a replacement – although we’ll always be there for those times.
If your battery’s showing signs of age, or you think it’s time for a replacement, just enter a few details about your vehicle to see our battery recommendation and price, and then book a time that suits you for a Road Service Patrol to attend and replace it.
For information on batteries to suit motorcycles, caravans or mobility scooters, call us on 8202 4689.
Find your nearest RAA Battery Service Centre
Some vehicles have batteries that can’t be installed at the roadside. For these – plus a range of other batteries for motorcycles, caravans and boats – drop into an RAA Battery Service Centre.
Batteries are available for members and non-members and installation fees may apply.
Why choose an RAA battery?
Free delivery and installationRAA Road Service holders are entitled to free delivery and installation on most batteries, Australia-wide.
Member discountRAA Road Service Plus and Premium members get $20 off the price of a new battery.
Australia-wide warrantyRAA batteries are covered by our Australia-wide warranty of up to 36 months.
Extensive rangeOnly quality batteries carry the RAA name. We stock batteries for cars, 4WDs, SUVs, motorcycles, boats, caravans and mobility scooters.
Battery testingWe thoroughly test your existing battery to see if it really needs replacing.
Free battery recyclingWe'll remove your old battery for environmentally responsible recycling at no extra charge.
Find out more in samotor – the RAA magazine.
How to avoid a battery blow-out this summer
Our top tips for keeping your car’s battery running smoothly.
6 surprising things our patrols can help you with
Dashboard light dilemma
We're here to help
Call usGot a question? Call us Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm or Saturday 9am to 12pm. If you need a battery now, call 13 11 11
Enquire onlineNeed battery advice? Send us a message and we'll contact you
Help centreGet answers to frequently asked questions and more
Things you should know
Free installation and delivery:
- Free installation and delivery applies to most automotive and mobility scooter batteries.
- All other batteries – for example, boat, motorcycle, caravan and some car batteries – will need to be installed at a Service Centre. Installation fees may apply.
RAA Battery price-match guarantee*
RAA Battery price-match guarantee
Terms and conditions
• Price-match guarantee is only available on purchases made within South Australia by RAA members. The guarantee is based on a like-for-like battery (same cold cranking amps [CCA] rating and battery construction), delivered and installed with a comparable warranty.
• Claims need to be made within four weeks of the battery purchase date.
• Claims can be made by calling 8202 4679 from 8am–4pm, Monday to Friday. Claims can also be made by sending your name, address and phone number, along with the competitor’s name and quoted price, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• RAA will respond within 24 hours confirming receipt of the claim and the process timeline. The 24-hour period doesn’t include weekends or public holidays.
• The refund will be made by EFT or cheque, depending on the original payment method.
• The refund will be made within five working days of claim approval.
• If the price-match refund claim is approved, it entitles the customer to a refund of the price difference only. The RAA Battery cannot be returned to RAA as part of the price-match guarantee.
• Price-match guarantee is based on the dollar amount paid for the battery. Where the customer has received a discounted price for the battery, the discounted price will be used for the purpose of comparison.
• Does not apply to RAA listed workshop fit batteries.
• Payment must be made in full to receive price-match guarantee and goods will not be invoiced.
Warranty information, terms and conditions
This warranty is given by Royal Automobile Association of South Australia Incorporated of 101 Richmond Road Mile End, SA 5031 (‘RAA’) ABN 90 020 001 807. You can get in touch with us or call 13 11 11.
The benefits that this warranty gives you are in addition to your consumer rights. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You’re entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure, as well as the compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You’re also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if they’re not of acceptable quality, and if the failure doesn’t amount to a major failure.
Your warranty period and conditions
If your RAA battery is found to have defective materials or workmanship (and isn’t just discharged or flat) during the warranty period, we'll replace it free of charge. We reserve the right to test any battery that’s presented for a claim.
This warranty doesn’t cover you if you knew your vehicle had faults before you bought it. It also doesn’t cover a battery that:
• You no longer want or have changed your mind about
• You’ve found at a cheaper price elsewhere
• Has been modified in any way
• You’ve had incorrectly fitted or applied
• Fails because of improper charging, incorrect fitment, broken container or cover, or
• Fails because of damage caused by fire, excessive heat, floods, wreckage, explosion, freezing, damage caused by abuse, neglect or the use of special additives introduced to the battery.
This warranty isn’t transferable and can only be used by the person who bought the battery. The cost to recharge the battery isn’t covered under this warranty, and there may be a fee for this service. While we’re doing work on your vehicle, we take all necessary precautions to prevent any damage. We won’t be able to take any responsibility for damage caused that’s unrelated to the battery. Modern vehicle computers can be corrupted, so we use an electrical system memory minder to make sure the vehicle’s computer memory is retained.