• SA map in trophy
    Winner of Canstar's Most Satisfied Customers – SA Home Insurer Award 2019–2023
  • Get a discount when you combine home and contents insurance
  • Cover can start immediately with 21 days to pay
  • Pay monthly at no extra cost

Get a Home and Contents Insurance quote from SA locals

Our Home and Contents Insurance covers your home and contents for events like fire, flood and storm. It includes additional benefits like temporary accommodation, cover for legal liability and a sum insured safety net. You can also add optional covers including Accidental Damage Cover, Cover for Valuable Items and Pet Cover. 

Getting a quote online is quick and easy, and you can claim online 24/7.

We'll cover your home and contents for these insured events


Fire, including bushfire¹




Storm and rainwater runoff¹


Burglary, theft and attempted theft¹


Bursting or leaking liquid


Impact damage


Malicious damage and vandalism




Earthquake or tsunami¹




Damage by an animal³


Riot or civil commotion

¹48 hour waiting period applies. ²72 hour waiting period applies. ³Excludes damage caused by domestic pets, vermin, insects, spiders, reptiles, birds or termites.

Get a quote online

Home and Contents Insurance with great additional benefits

  • Accommodation for up to 12 months

    If your home’s unfit to live in due to an insured event. Up to 10% of your sum insured.
  • Accidental breakage of glass and sanitary fixtures

    Repair or replacement of glass in furniture, pictures, paintings, mirrors and aquariums, as well as fixed glass in windows and fixed sinks, basins, baths or toilets.
  • Legal liability

    Cover for up to $20 million for legal liability claims due to an incident in the home that causes death or bodily injury, or loss or damage to other people’s property.
  • Sum insured safety net

    Additional cover up to 10% of your sum insured if your home and contents are damaged by an insured event and the cost of replacing, repairing or rebuilding is more than your sum insured.
  • Replacement of locks

    Up to $1,000 cover for replacement of locks or changing house keycodes if your keys are lost or stolen.
  • Moving to a new address

    Cover for your contents from the date you start moving out of your old address and for up to 14 days at your new address.
  • Motor burnout

    Replacement or repair of household electric motors if they burn out or fuse and are less than 10 years old.
  • Spoilage of food

    Up to $500 cover if food or medicine is spoiled inside your fridge or freezer due to accidental breakdown, unplanned power outage or motor burnout.

Add optional covers for whatever life throws at you

Accidental Damage Cover

Covers your contents if they’re accidentally damaged, lost or stolen anywhere in Australia or New Zealand. You can choose cover for up to $2,000 or $5,000 per claim.

This could help cover accidental damage to things like mobile phones, laptops, TVs and smart watches.

Cover for Valuable Items

Our contents insurance has limits on the amount you can claim for some items. You can add cover for items that are more valuable than these limits, covering them for insured events at home (cover known as Specified Items in the Home).

​​You can also add cover for items that are stolen, lost or accidentally damaged at home and worldwide (cover known as Specified Items Away from Home).

Pet Cover

You can add our optional Pet Cover for your furry family members to your policy.

It covers up to $500 per year for vet costs if your dog or cat suffers an illness or injury which isn't pre-existing.

Premium Choice Home Benefit

Covers a range of things, including:

  • up to $20,000 for loss or damage to personal medical equipment from an insured event
  • up to $5,000 for modifications to your home due to an accident or poor health (not covered by government rebates)
  • mobility scooter loss or damage from an insured event anywhere in Australia

Why choose RAA insurance?

  • 10% multi–policy discount

    We give you a 10% discount on each policy when you hold three or more insurance policies with RAA (excluding Travel Insurance) in the same name.*
  • 15% Seniors Card holder discount

    Seniors Card holders can get a 15% discount on their home and contents insurance policy.*
  • Shopping and entertainment discounts

    Access to our member benefits, so you can enjoy discounts to many stores throughout Australia and online.

*Discounts do not apply to optional covers or statutory charges. A minimum premium applies. Discounts to your existing insurance policies will be applied at the next renewal of each policy.

  • We've won Canstar's Most Satisfied Customers - SA Home Insurer Award for the fifth year running

    In 2023 our members once again reported higher levels of product and service satisfaction than those of other eligible insurers.

  • Sum Insured Calculator

    Not sure how much it would cost to rebuild your home? Our easy-to-use calculator can help you estimate the current cost. 

Frequently asked questions

  • How much should I insure my home and contents for?

    When you get a quote with us, you can choose your own ‘sum insured’, which is an amount based on what it would cost to repair or replace your home and contents. It also includes the cost of demolishing and clearing, removing items and any associated storage costs.

    If the amount you insure your home and contents for (the sum insured) isn’t adequate, you may be out of pocket if there’s an insured event. 

    • For your home, our home sum insured calculator is a handy starting point and could help you work out the cost of replacing your home in the case of a total loss. The calculator is not suitable for homes covered by strata. 
    • For your contents, think about how much it would cost to completely repair or replace the things you own, as well as the cost of removing any damaged items and associated storage costs.

    The home sum insured calculator is a guide only, does not constitute personal advice and won’t take into account individual circumstances or preferences. We recommend getting expert advice to determine an adequate replacement sum insured for your insured property.  

  • Does RAA Home and Contents Insurance include flood, storm, fire and bushfire cover?

    Yes, our Home and Contents Insurance covers you for flood, storm, fire and bushfire, but there are some limits, exclusions and waiting periods. The waiting period for flood is 72 hours and the waiting period for storm, fire and bushfire is 48 hours.

    See the relevant Product Disclosure Statement for all inclusions, exclusions and limits.

  • Are my contents covered if I take them out of my home?

    Our Home and Contents Insurance includes cover for your contents while they’re temporarily removed from your home to another residential address or a storage facility. This cover is limited to up to 10% of your sum insured.

    We also have two optional covers you can add to your policy:

    • Accidental Damage Cover – we’ll cover your contents for up to $2,000 or $5,000  if they’re accidentally lost, stolen or damaged anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
    • Cover for valuable items away from home – if you have valuable items like jewellery or watches, you can add them to your contents insurance policy and we’ll cover their replacement value (up to the sum insured) if they’re accidentally lost, stolen or damaged anywhere in the world.

    To add either of these covers to a new policy, choose them when getting a quote. To add them to an existing policy, call us on 8202 4567.

    See the relevant Product Disclosure Statement for all inclusions, exclusions and limits.


We're here to help

  • Call us

    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
    Saturday, 9am to 12pm
  • Enquire online

    Send us a message and we'll contact you
  • Find a shop

    Drop in and chat face-to-face
  • Help centre

    Find answers to frequently asked questions, access key documents and more

Things you should know

The information included in this website and in our brochures is a summary and is intended as a guide only. Each section should be read subject to the full terms, conditions and exclusions as set out in the Home and Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement. Our Home and Contents Insurance Target Market Determination provides information about who this product is suitable for. RAA Insurance products are issued by RAA Insurance Limited, ABN 14 007 872 602, AFS Licence No. 232525.

Read the General Insurance Code of Practice and our complaint policy for further information about your rights.

For details on your rights and benefits as an RAA member, please refer to the Membership Terms and Conditions.