Staying ahead of the curve
Even if you’ve been driving for years, it doesn’t hurt to brush up on your skills and knowledge from time to time.
To help, RAA offers a range of different programs to organised groups, covering topics such as road rules, mobility choices and lifestyle.
Each hour-long session is free and given by a specially trained RAA presenter. For more information or to book a session, email us.
What are the different session types?
There are 5 different types of sessions available:
1. Road Safety
RAA believes all drivers should continue to drive for as long as they are safe to do so. Years Ahead: Road Safety is designed to give people valuable information to help them achieve this. The presentation covers:
- road safety tips for drivers and pedestrians
- road rules
- the importance of choosing a safe vehicle
- the importance of being fit to drive
- the impact of health and medications on driving
- how to assess your own driving ability
- how to plan for future mobility.
Years Ahead: Lifestyle is for drivers approaching or in their retirement years. It looks at topics such as:
- car safety and maintenance
- saving money on fuel
- transporting grandchildren
- taking a holiday and interstate motoring
- security at home and while you’re away
- staying healthy and mobile.
3. Mobility Matters
Years Ahead: Mobility Matters focuses on the transition away from driving, whether you’re thinking about reducing the amount of time you spend behind the wheel or stopping altogether. It looks at transport options, including motorised mobility devices (both motorised wheelchairs and mobility scooters). It covers:
- the impacts of health on driving
- driving alternatives
- motorised mobility devices, including what to consider and how to choose the right one
- legal responsibilities
- road service.
4. Road Rules Quiz
Years Ahead: Road Rules Quiz is an interactive presentation that covers both general road rules and give way rules. We have two different sessions to test your knowledge with well-established, misunderstood and new laws while, having a bit of fun. Each participant receives a ‘clicker’ at the presentation to record their answers; the group’s responses are then displayed in real-time on the screen. The presentation covers:
- often misunderstood road rules
- new road rules
- what to do after a crash.
5. Then and Now
Years Ahead: Then and Now gives an insight into RAA’s history, which spans more than 115 years. It can either be delivered at your venue or at RAA, coupled with a tour of our headquarters. The presentation will look at RAA milestones, and the tour showcases some of our memorabilia. The presentation covers:
- RAA through the decades and today
- how our state’s roads have changed
- a tour of our head office at Mile End (for sessions held at RAA).
Additional services provided by RAA
RAA hits the streets in the south east
RAA’s Community Education Team visited Bordertown, Mt Gambier and Millicent, providing Years Ahead road safety presentations to older members of the community.
Infromation on holidays and travel specifically for seniors.
We're here to help
Call usMonday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Email usAfter some advice? Send us a message and we'll contact you
Find a shopDrop in and chat face-to-face